How to apply for a grant
Grant applications can be submitted to the Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln.
All grant applications must be completed using the Community Foundations online system. You may start an application and come back to complete it later. The system is user-friendly and eliminates the need for applicants to make multiple copies of applications and materials for each grant program. If you have any questions about the system, please contact the Community Foundation at 217-789-4431.
The King’s Daughters Organization (KDO) mission is to support the well-being of and to charitably aid the elderly in Sangamon County.
In 2007, the KDO established a donor advised fund through the Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln with assets from the closure of the King’s Daughters Home in Springfield, Illinois.
The purpose and goals of the KDO Fund are to provide financial support to programs and services of charitable organizations that:
• Enhance the quality of life for older residents of Sangamon County.
• Address the unmet needs of older residents of Sangamon County.
The submitting organization must be a:
• 501(c)(3) charitable organization, OR
• faith-based organization (proposals must benefit all, regardless of religion, and be for a service provided which is not religious in nature), OR
• public or private school (proposals must be for projects that exceed the school’s budget funding), OR
• some government entities or municipalities may be eligible.
Geographic and demographic limitations: Funds must be used for programs and services primarily assisting older residents (55 years of age and older) of Sangamon County, Illinois.
For more information visit cfll.org
Past Grant Recipients
Download our cumulative list of grant recipients by clicking the link below: